The white ribbon campaign works through people spreading the word at a local level. There are a wide range of ways in which you could highlight the campaign and the issue of violence against women in your community. Pick one (or come up with your own) and let us know how it goes.
- Invite local celebrities to support the campaign. You could contact the local football team, the Lord Provost, or any other well-known men in your area Sample letter
- Work with the local media. Invite them to a stunt, event, local campaign launch or photo shoot with an official or celebrity wearing a white ribbon Sample press release
- Invite a guest speaker on violence against women (such as a representative of a local women’s organisation) to speak at a club or group you are part of.
- Give a talk yourself about the White Ribbon campaign somewhere in your community – your local school, faith group, youth group, workplace etc. We can provide you with materials and a suggested format.
- Plan an activity involving men for the next 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence (25th November – 10th December)
- Organise a stall in your local library
- Organise a fund-raising event and donate the money to your local women’s organisation. You could try a sponsored run or cycle ride
- Show a film or a series of films on violence against women. Some film ideas