Join us in pledging your support:
Support the White Ribbon Campaign in Angus!
Over the past few years Angus has urged local men to play a part in tackling violence against women by taking the White Ribbon Campaign pledge not to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women.
Violence against women is a human rights issue which we must all tackle, and which we all stand to benefit from ending. Join others in Angus taking action against violence against women by taking your own pledge now - it is the first step in a journey we must all take together if we are to be successful in ending violence against women.
In Angus in 2012/13 & 2013/14
• 1,154 domestic abuse incidents were reported to the police in 2012/13.
• 106 sexual crimes were recorded by the police in 2012/13.
• During 2013, Angus Women’s Aid supported 183 new referrals from women, 36 referrals for refuge, received 148 new referrals for children and young people outreach services and delivered over 2000 awareness sessions to young people in schools and youth groups across Angus.
• During 2013, WRASAC has supported over 100 woman affected by rape and sexual assault.
• During 2013/14 Barnardo’s has supported 146 women and 151 children and young people.
• During 2012/13 Victim Support have supported 525 and 605 during 2013/14 people in relation to domestic abuse.
Angus Violence Against Women Partnership
The Angus Violence Against Women Partnership (AVAWP) is a multi-agency partnership dedicated to tackling all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG). For more information on AVAWP visit www.avawp.org.uk
or email AVAWP@angus.gov.uk